Friday, November 18, 2011

Uggghhhh

So I'm in a new job.

Sorta.

Kinda.

I'm in a different office, doing a different job. So I guess I'm in a new job.

It is all very temporary and feels potentially fleeting, so I'm not sure whether I like it or even if there's much point in liking it, since I might not stay. But it's been rather disruptive to my nice little routine. The coworkers are nice, but I miss my old coworkers. (To be fair, I felt the same way the last time I changed jobs, about a year ago.) I like the work, but I like the work at my old office, too. (And, to be fair…well, you know how this ends.)

The new job is very fast-paced. I like the pace, but it is a constant churn and buzz of activity. In some ways, this is a relief -- my other job almost seems TOO slow at times -- but it is an adjustment, and I have not had time to blog or even to take the lunch-hour walks I enjoy so much.

The one thing I know for sure is that I have a very nice view from my office; probably one of the nicest in town. I look out on a lovely lake and the end of the hiking trail. At this time of the year, the lake is covered with snow and dotted with the tiny footprints of the foxes that live nearby.

Yeah, that part's really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment