Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Blog Share Post

Ugh! I cannot stand to be around you. You are always so miserable. And you make everyone else around you miserable. You complain about everything. Your  health. Your job. Things other people have that you want. You are ugly to everyone. You are rude to waiters and waitresses at restaurants. You can't spend five minutes with anyone without shoving your nose into your phone and playing a game or stalking around on Facebook. 

You aren't even that nice to your husband. I've only seen you show him affection twice, both times at Christmas when he bought you an expensive purse. He coordinated a surprise party for your birthday, and you were griping at him about a sub par camera he bought because it wasn't the DLSR you wanted (you want to become a photographer). And I saw you bitch him out on his birthday. In front of his whole family. Over furniture placement. But you don't care about his family either. You ignored them at your birthday party and you generally always ignore them. 

You are rude to your parents. Unless you want them to buy you something or give you money. You pit your family against one another in hopes of getting one person mad at another. Usually you are successful. You sneak around by asking your mom for things you know she has no business paying for or buying for you. Your parents are a one income household. You and your husband are not. You just have a shopping problem. Try shopping less and you might have more money for the other things you think you need. 

My husband tries very hard be nice to you. You are his big sister. But you are usually so hateful it's not possible. Again, unless you want something from him. You couldn't afford a $2000 down payment on a house so my husband lent you the money. And you never really had a plan to repay him. Your parents gave him that money back. When it's convenient for you, you'll cry that you and my husband only have each other and that you should spend holidays together. You ruined our first married Christmas. 

I know you lie to your parents about me. Telling them that you ask me to do things and I turn you down. That you call me and I never call you back. Yes, it is true that we were in the same sorority in college. And we were friendly. But we aren't friends. We wouldn't even associate with each other now, if I weren't married to your brother. 

You want a kid. Part of me hopes it is you that has a kid first so your mom will get a grandchild since I don't have any interest in having a kid any time soon. But then again, I know how much more miserable and pitiful you would be if you were pregnant or actually had a kid, so I secretly hope it doesn't happen for you. 

You're old enough to know better. I wish you did. It would probably be kind of nice to go out to dinner with you and your husband every now and then. But then, whose pitiful Facebook status updates would I mock each day?  

7 comments:

  1. Wow. If only we could choose our husbands' families when we choose our husbands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeesh! Sounds like an episode (or season!) of the Jersey Housewives! :)

    Good luck to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd definitely stay away from her at all costs! I hope your husband's family is large enough that you can avoid her most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How does the rest of her family put up with her?! Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So this is where you been hiding? BUSTED!

    ReplyDelete