Sunday, December 15, 2013

I made Ex cookies last night.

Fittingly, they are also Ex cookies. Well, and that's his dad and the drunk chick, who can't really be left out since these are gluten-free cookies and like Ex, she is celiac and won't get many Christmas treats.

I made these in an attempt to cut my rage. 

We "share" the car, and the arrangement is not working. The details are stupid and I will not go over them because I am embarrassed enough that I allow myself to be upset about it. I will only say that I need to get myself to a point where I do not feel that I have a car. 

So I was angry, and I decided to do something nice for him, presumably because I am very easily controlled. We will not delve too deeply into this right now. 

I'm not much of an artist, but I am pretty good at gluten-free baking considering how hard it is, and I do enjoy decorating little people. I made one for my roommate (holding a calculator bleeding red -- he's a finance analyst) and a set for Son's BFF's family since his mom is also on a gluten-free diet. And heck, it is just fun to make Supreme Court Justice and hockey goalie cookies. 

I figured out how to put gray streaks in Ex's hair by mixing milk and white chocolate together. FIL's plaid shirts are hard to put on cookies, but I think I made his beard and moustache bushy enough. 

So my little men are making me smile, and that's a good thing. 

2 comments:

  1. What an out-rage-ous way to put a smile back on your face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a much better person than I. Right now, I would be taking out my rage with an item like a big stick. With a pointy end. And you make cookies. I need to learn from you.

    ReplyDelete