Christmas means breakfast at our place, so we had some good friends over in the morning and then had supper with them and their unbalanced relatives later that evening. (Other people's families...)
I had intended to paint during my work-enforced holiday, but for some reason I haven't been able to choose colours. Son is bored by the entire project, and the roommate has informed me that he is "not that kind of gay". As he is the kind of gay who bakes chocolate goodies, this is an acceptable trade-off. I managed to hang pictures, which is a start.
Son will be 13 tomorrow. It is hard to believe.
I don't know why I haven't been inspired to blog. Life is going well, plugging along much the same as ever. Son is comfortable with the idea of the Caffeinated Wonk in my life, and jokes about his dad's stated desire for "lots of boyfriends". Which seems odd to me, but probably only because I prefer things to be simple and stable. In any case, Son has not shown any of the concern I hear kids have when their parents start to see other people. I don't know if this is because he's hiding his concerns or really just doesn't care.
No comments:
Post a Comment