Sunday, September 15, 2013

The house is a bit of a disaster area right now.

I have been packing. I got ten boxes packed up yesterday: clothes, the contents of shelves, and various other things that fit under the heading of "stuff". The kitchen counters are strewn with items that need to go into new boxes but that I should probably poke into one of the cupboards for now. This house is still for sale, after all. 

I went out and bought new kitchen and bathroom stuff yesterday. A full cart and $500 later, I'm still not done, but at least I have plates and towels. 

I'd left most of the everyday householdy things for Ex when I moved out; I didn't need plates and cups since the roomie had them, and Ex would have needed to buy new ones immediately if I'd taken them. (As it happened, he bought new ones anyway; I suppose that was all too predictable.)

My friend has decided she has the real-estate bug, so she won't be renting the basement from me. I have the real-estate bug, too, so I totally get it. I'm not too concerned about finding a renter; in this town someone always needs a place, and Son's BFF's older cousin came by yesterday to check it out. 

There is still lots to do; too much for my comfort. I prefer to get tasks over with so I can feel settled, but the landlord still has lots of cleaning to do in the new house (it's a mess from the move-out) and we've asked for some upgrades. The showers both need to be replaced and the appliances are old. We will probably do some painting after we've been in there for a while, but that's relatively inexpensive and I don't want to hold up the move for the sake of painting. I only have about two weeks to get out of here.

No comments:

Post a Comment