Sunday, March 20, 2011

It appears that I have three blogs

More, really, but three that I plan to write on as myself.

One main blog.

One group blog.

And this one.

We'll see how this goes.

I am dealing with something that can best be described as "office politics"; although it's a bit more subtle than that, the description will do for our purposes. I have some co-workers who become very agitated about my main blog. I can't really explain this except to say that they really seem to believe that people should not have blogs. One of them actually complained to my boss the other day about something I posted on Facebook about public radio and municipal services.

This all sounds as though there must be something very exciting and dirty going on, but I assure you, I am pretty boring and my ideas about municipal services are a snoozefest outside of my limited circle of friends, who probably immediately forgot what I wrote. So far, my boss has been pretty awesome about it, but I have finally gotten sick of the drama and set up this site. I don't have a lot of confidence that the awesomeness will continue if there is enough agitation.

I call this the Grandmother Effect, but the ridiculous thing is that my grandmother is not and has never been the issue.

This blog does not exist so I can hate people or write about individuals. It exists so I can do my normal writing and avoid the drama.

5 comments:

  1. It's always good to have some space, I find. I hope it works for you.

    Blog-hatred is a peculiar thing. I have come across it too - both in a broad social sense (kind of blog scorn I guess 'why would people waste their time doing that?" or "she does it to make herself feel important") but also from individuals with whom I have been close who seem almost jealous of it.

    Thanks so much for the invite. I will add it to my Reader!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the same thing from another mother here in town. She has taken to criticizing my craft work on facebook and the blog because I am a production crafter whereas she is a process crafter (well this is what she tells me anyways). I have decided she is just jealous of my success and I am now debating on placing dead muskrat feet inside of her unlocked truck....

    So your co-workers must be jealous of your (horrible) taste in music and celebrities!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do know you can create lists on Facebook so only certain people see certain posts, don't you? That would give you the freedom to post what you want while leaving the agitators in the dark.

    Fortunately my clients have no idea about my blog, leaving me free to say whatever I want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's sad how some people just want to cause trouble. I look forward to thoroughly e-stalking you here, however!

    ReplyDelete