I came home early; this had always been the plan because I have less vacation time than he does. I was at work, talking to a friend about how it had been the worst holiday of my life. I mentioned that he had been hacking into my accounts to read what I was posting and had posted some of my private messages to Facebook. I was confused about why he so desperately wanted me to know he had been in my accounts. My friend was confused about how he had gotten into my accounts in the first place.
I had never put much thought into that; he'd always known my passwords. I had been diligent about telling him my passwords and sharing an email account with him because I wanted him to reciprocate. Which he had never done.
It wasn't that I wanted to share an email account -- I really didn't -- but that I hated what he had used his secret accounts for. I'd resolved that we should have no secret accounts, and that I should practise what I preached.
My friend told me about a friend who'd found out that her partner had installed spyware on her computer.
I didn't think that was likely; I thought he was using my passwords. But I was home alone and had nothing going on that night. I checked the Activity Monitor and googled everything I found.
It was a tedious job. But I had nothing going on that night.
And then I found and googled "logKextDaemon".
And when I told a friend in alarm, he said that I should check the house for opened mail, bugs, and hidden cameras.
No comments:
Post a Comment