We are a culture that likes stories.
Folklore, legends, sagas.
Jesus told parables. We tell kids bedtime stories. I still find great comfort in ancient myths. I have a degree in telling news stories, although we called it a "four-year BJ". (Yes, yes, everyone wants one.)
It's nice to have a story that makes internal sense and provides an explanation. A good story makes you remember the details and think about how it applies to your own situation.
And sometimes there is no story to tell. Not one that would be satisfying to a listener, anyway. Sometimes the world just carries on and you decide that life doesn't have to be the way it is.
Sometimes the fact that there is not story, well, is the story. Pretty disconcerting, actually.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you are blogging again! I kept checking back, but thought it would be weird of me to send an inquiring email. "Hey... I comment on your blog sometimes. What's up?..." you know, that sort of thing.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I believe divorce is rarely a mistake. Best of everything to you!
I heart you Megan.
ReplyDeletex