Thursday, December 1, 2011

Really? I mean, really?

I made the mistake of giving my e-mail address to my neighbour.

This was how I found out that he is my Tea Party Neighbour. (Don't pretend you haven't got one.)

Tea Party Neighbour is awesome in real life. He's funny and well-travelled and always has something interesting to say.

But I shudder at his e-mails, even more than I shudder at my aunt-in-law's e-mails. (She is constantly sending us forwards in which she confuses the concepts of "miracle" and "animated GIF".)

Here is just one part of the last e-mail from Tea Party Neighbour:

"From Sunday's 07 Sept. 2008, 11:48:04 EST, Televised "Meet the Press" THE THEN Senator Obama was asked about his stance on the American Flag. General Bill Ginn, USAF (ret.), asked Obama to explain WHY he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played…NOW GET THIS!! "Senator" Obama replied: "As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides…It's my intention, if elected, to disarm America to the level of acceptance to our Middle East Brethren. If we, as a Nation of waring people, conduct ourselves like the nations of Islam, where peace prevails --- perhaps a state or period of mutual accord could exist between our governments…Of course now I have found myself about to become the President of the United States and I have put my hatred aside."

It goes on from there, but you get the idea. This thing is copied to about 100 people. I'm assuming that at least a few of them are obnoxious enough to forward it to lots of other people, too.

For some reason, I never get obnoxious forwards from the liberals in my address book. Are there no ridiculous liberal e-mails? Or am I just not in touch with the sort of liberals who send forwards to everyone they know?

4 comments:

  1. I'm a liberal, and I never forward e:mails of a political nature. But I doubt I represent a statistically significant sample.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The majority of my friends are what I would consider liberal, and I've never gotten similar emails from them. But this is also not a statistically significant sample.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who forwards emails anymore? That's what Facebook is for. ;)

    Whenever I had the time I would write detailed rebuttals to those emails and send them out "Reply All," which eventually my Tea Party friends found embarrassing enough that they stopped sending me those emails.

    And there was much rejoicing all around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liberals already know everything there is to know about politics. That's why we're liberal. It's only the Conservatives who think that others who have the same opinion they do are woefully uninformed. What this says about themselves is obvious. I don't have to tell you, because you already know...

    ReplyDelete