Sunday, August 14, 2011

Yes, I met Will and Kate

Many others did, too -- I won't pretend to be special -- but yes, I met the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and have photos of myself with them.

My father assures me that this is the biggest thing to ever happen to his small town (which I have only visited three times). His mantel now holds a photo of me with the duke. The print of the photo was given to him by someone in his church: the electronic version whizzed around town faster than I could ever have imagined.

Will and Kate seem lovely. They had an easy, simple way about them that put grins on the faces of everyone they met.

I have been asked dozens of times if William is handsome. The answer might be instructive to all men. Prince William is more handsome in person than he is in photographs.

This always prompts a follow-up question: does he look different in photos?

Men, take note: Prince William looks exactly the same in person as he does in photos. However, a photo does not capture the great respect he shows his wife. It may be cliched, but "princely" is the word that best describes him. His gentlemanly behaviour makes him far more handsome than any photo could capture.

And yes, Kate is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment